- This harness is made specifically for Mercedes vehicles with MOST fiber optic audio systems that have been bypassed. Does not retain factory audio.
- The smaller box allows you to use your factory steering wheel controls with your aftermarket radio. You will need to purchase a SWCL (Steering Wheel Control Lead) to activate this feature since some cars do not have steering wheel controls. (see below)
- The smaller box reads the cars can-bus (data) wires. The following wires are transmitted to the factory radio through the can-bus wires. The small box converts the following wires into analog signals that your aftermarket radio can read.
Red– Switched power turns the radio on and off with the key and keeps the radio on until you pull the key out of the cylinder.
Orange– Illumination wire dims radio when you turn on your lights.
Mint Green– Parking brake wire unlocks security features when your parking brake is engaged.
Purple with White Stripe– Backup camera reverse wire tells radio to Initiate back-up camera screen when you are in reverse.
Pink– Vehicle Speed Sense wire tells the radio how fast you are going to improve accuracy especially when you lose GPS or cellular signal.
- This harness is designed to connect directly into some radios with an ISO connection. See the Google Document under the PNP Converter product for a radio list.
- Works with Command Navigation and Audio 50 radios.
Mercedes E-Class 2003-2008 (some non US 2003 models not compatible. Send a picture of your radio to verify.
Mercedes CLS 2006-2008